- PAYG summaries eg from employers
- Lump sum payments (eg Employment Termination Payment)
- Trust or Partnership distributions received
- Managed fund annual tax statement and capital gains tax statement
- Overseas income eg employment income, foreign dividends
- Dividend statements
- Bank statements stating interest earned
- Term deposit statements stating interest earned
- Buy/sell contract notes for shares (if any shares were sold).
- Details of depreciable assets bought during the year (eg laptops)
- Professional journals / magazines
- Professional memberships / subscriptions, receipts for courses and seminars
- Mobile phone expenses, internet expenses, home office expenses. Provide a work related % for these expenses
- Receipts for self-education expenses
- Receipts for other work related deductions such as protective clothing, uniform expenses and travel
- Vehicle expenses incurred, km’s driven (work related), logbooks.
- Receipts for donations of $2 and over to registered charities
- Expenditure incurred in managing tax affairs
- Expenditure incurred in earning investment income(eg margin loans, financial advisor fees)
- Income protection insurance premiums.
- Annual statement from property agent
- Date when property was purchased
- Details of depreciable assets bought or disposed during the year
- If property is held by more than one individual, please provide details of owners and their legal ownership percentage
- If property was disposed of during the income year, information relating to dates and costs associated with the acquisition and disposal of the property
- Loan statements for property showing interest paid for the income year
- Period property was rented out during the income year.
- Details of dependents, including their age, occupation and income
- Number of children, their age and taxable income(if not prepared by Vital Addition)
- Private health insurance statement (if insurance is held with your partner, please state who is the primary holder and provide the age of your partner).
If Operating as a Sole Trader
- Cashbook, which includes records of drawings taken before the business takings were banked
- Copies of Business Activity Statements lodged
- Copies of PAYG summaries for employees
- Details of superannuation contributions for employees
- Details of any assets purchased, including date of purchase and amount
- Records from accounting software (eg trial balance, P&L and balance sheet)
- Statements of all liabilities of the business
- Notice of superannuation contributions for self-employed persons.
- Details of any employee share scheme
- Copy of your most recently lodged tax return(if Vital Addition didn’t prepare)
- Were you working in Australia on a working holiday visa (417 or 462)
- Any other information that you think is relevant.